FALL ROWING TO END WITH RACE ON FRIDAY

University Crews A and B, One 150-Pound Boat, One Class and One Freshman Eight to Compete Over Mile and Seven-Eighths Course

The fall rowing season will end this Friday afternoon with a race between five University and Freshman crews, representing the work of each of the coaches. The race will be held at 4 o'clock over the mile and seven-eighths course between the Cottage Farms Bridge and the Union Boathouse, and will be reviewed by graduates, interested in the sport, in addition to the coaches. Coach F. J. Muller will enter the University crews A and B to show the work he has accomplished this fall. Coach Edward Brown will enter one class crew to be picked from among the three he now has under his charge. A 150-pound crew also to be picked later this week, will be entered by Coach William Haines, and Herbert Haines is to have either Freshman crew A or B in the contest.

This race will mark the end of all fall rowing at either Weld or Newell boathouses. All singles have been off the river since last Saturday, and no other shells will be taken out after Friday. Indoor practice on the machines or in the tank at Newell will begin on the thirteenth of the month.

Only three Freshman crews started from Weld yesterday. The float there has already been removed in anticipation of the coming winter. Coach Brown took all of his class crews together down stream for practice, while the University crews went out later.

Friday's race will be most interesting in showing what results Coach Muller has been able to achieve since he has taken charge of the University crews this fall.