LARGE SQUAD OUT FOR FRESHMAN WRESTLING

Forty Report to Coach Judson for First Practice--Geoffrey Baker 3L. and Mr. A. B. Kinney '20 Assist With New Material

The 1926 wrestling squad held its first practice yesterday afternoon when 40 men reported at the Freshman Athletic Building. Coach Judson gave a preliminary talk on the fundamentals of wrestling and explained the way in which practice will be conducted. Although formal practice for the University team will not start until after the close of the football season, the management urges all men to attend the practice now being held at the Freshman Athletic Building from 3 to 6 o'clock on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons.

Any men who were unable to appear at the first meeting may still report for the Freshman managership competition and will not be handicapped by their late start. This competition not only offers the usual training in managerial ability, but affords at the same time an opportunity for Freshmen to fulfill their requirement in Physical Training, since all candidates will be expected to wrestle regularly in order to familiarize themselves with the technique of this sport.

Geoffrey Baker 3L., former University captain, and Mr. A. B. Kinney '20 were present at the opening practice yesterday and assisted Coach Judson in instructing the new men.