SILVER BAY COMMITTEE AT WORK ON CONFERENCE

Lining Up Men Who Will Represent University in June--Meeting After Recess to Decide on Details--May Arrange Automobile Service

The work on the Silver Bay Conference, which will be held this year from June 15 to June 23, has progressed rapidly since active work was begun on March 24. The committee, which is composed of 34 men, has already approached over 100 men in regard to attending the conference, and it is felt that a large percentage of these will do so. So far, the drive for membership has been in preliminary stages only, but after the April recess, it will begin in earnest.

Up to this year, the University has had a smaller attendance than most other universities of the same size, but it is hoped that the attendance may be increased in the future.

Last year, over 300 representatives of different eastern colleges and schools attended the meeting. There are accommodations for a much larger number than this, including a boat-house, an auditorium, tennis-courts and a baseball field for the amusement and recreation of the delegates.

There will be a meeting of the committee shortly after the April recess, to discuss and decide on the less important details. The charge at the conference will be $10 for room and board, and $25 for a registration fee. Railroad fare from Boston to Silver Bay and return is $20. One of the most significant things which the committee will consider in its next meeting will be the possibility of arranging for automobile transportation to the seat of the conference, on Lake George, New York. The committee may publish a list of routes with maps.