UNIVERSITY NINE WILL MEET MIDDLEBURY AT 4

Visitors' Record Shows Defeats at Hands of B. C. and Tufts--Shugrue to Start on Mound for Crimson--Rest of Line-Up Unchanged

The University nine, according to a comparison of the records in the preceding games, appears to have the edge on the Middlebury College team which will meet the Crimson this afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

Coach Slatery expects to start Shugrue on the mound against the visitors from Vermont, although Gehrke and Bemis, two pitchers from last year's Freshman squad, may make their first appearance on the University team. The rest of the line-up remains unchanged from the first two games.

Middlebury College opened their season Monday with a defeat at the hands of Boston College, 14-0; Tufts also proved more than a match, winning yesterday, 25-2, in a five-inning game. Houlihan, the Vermont team's star hurler will start against the Crimson today. Although driven from the box on Monday under a hot fusillade of hits, Houlihan, won a reputation last season by his strike-outs and may possibly get back in his old-time form today. This afternoon's game will be the third of six which the Middlebury team is playing on its trip through New England.