ORANGE AND BLACK NINE ARRIVES THIS EVENING

Coach Clark Brings Team Which Has Shown Flashes of Great Power-Unable to Maintain High Standard Against Holy Cross and Cornell

Coach Clark of the Princeton baseball team will arrive at Boston late this evening with the squad of players who are to face the University nine on Soldiers Field tomorrow afternoon. The visitors will stop at the Lenox overnight and will probably drive out to Cambridge in the morning for a final workout before the contest.

The Tiger team has in its work this season shown several weak points and has fallen down more that once in critical moments, but it has also exhibited flashes of brilliant fielding, and air-tight pitching. It is upon these qualities that Coach Clark rests has hopes for victory, and if the Orange and Black players have a good day, the Crimson nine will have to tax itself to the limit.

The Tigers first discovered their abilities while they lost to the New York Giants by only one run. With the exception of the first inning when the Princeton players were handicapped with nervousness, they played a remarkable game in every respect. As a result of a spectacular rally in the fifth the Tiger batters gained the lead, while some airtight fielding kept the World Champions from regaining it until the ninth.

But the team has not been able to maintain this standard throughout the season. Several times it has made poor showings at critical periods. In the Holy Cross contest the Orange and Black fielders made a string of errors which accounted for seven runs in a 9-1 defeat at the hands of the Worcester team. A batting slump gave the Cornell nine an easy 5-1 victory, while poor pitching was responsible for a defeat at the hands of Dartmouth. In short the Tiger play is erratic and the outcome of tomorrow's contest will depend greatly upon their ability to make use of the power they have exhibited when at their best.