ANNUAL UNION DINNER TO BE HELD TOMORROW

Lieutenant-Colonel Hanford MacNider, Commander of American Legion, to be Guest of Honor-Prizes to be Awarded to Four Freshmen

The annual Union dinner will be held tomorrow night at 6.30 o'clock in the Reading Room of the Union. Lieutenant-Colonel Hanford MacNider '11, National Commander of the American Legion, will be the guest of honor. Lieutenant Colonel MacNider was commissioned as a second lieutenant in July, 1917, and rose to his present rank during the war, being awarded the "Distinguished Service Cross with oak leaf cluster", the Legion d'Honneur", and the "Croce al Merito di Guerra".

At the dinner the prizes for the Union essay contest and for the four Freshmen who, by mid-years, showed themselves to be the leaders of their class in scholarship and class activities, will be awarded.

About 100 guests are expected to attend. These will probably include members of the Corporation, the Board of Overseers, and the Faculty, Deans of the Graduate Schools, class officers, captains and managers of the five major sport teams, and the presidents of the various undergraduate publications.

Last year President Angell of Yale was the guest of honor and main speaker at the annual Union dinner, at which over 100 guests were present.