SAYS SPIRITUAL CHANGE IS NEEDED TO DO AWAY WITH EVILS OF SOCIETY

FELLOSHIP OF RECONCILIATION AIMS AT HARMONY

"If we are to do away with the evils of our modrn society," said Bishop Paul Jones of New York, Secretary of the Fellowship of Reconciliation, in an interview for the CRIMSON, "we must first have a spiritual change, a change in our point of view. The structure of our present economic order is unsound and we can right it only by instilling into people's minds an attitude which makes persons and personalities, not material things, of primary importance. I don't care how this change is worked out. The one important thing is that if you can get an idea into people's heads, that idea, provided it is true, will work and grow.

"This is what the Fellowship of Reconciliation is trying to do. It unites a body of men and women from all countries of the world who share a common desire to see a better harmony in the social order. We feel that it is better to adapt ourselves to circumstances than to lay out our own program of what we think ought to come. The Fellowship is simply a movement to give encouragement and a chance for discussion to people with a common point of view, thus helping them in working out a new economic, social, and spiritual unity for the world."