DIES MRAE

The November Hour exam is an event close enough to cast a definite shadow, threatening perhaps to the Freshman or transfer student. These men who scarcely yet know where they stand, and those others who know only too well the precarious footing of a C--may find some comfort in the aid offered by the Phi Beta Kappa Tutoring Bureau.

For it is to help such men that the Tutoring Bureau has been organized. It will volunteer advice in studies to all those who apply. The applicants will be sent to fellow students who have discovered the knack of picking the important points in lectures and reading, of taking useful notes upon these, and of correlating the material of the courses to review for examinations. Little effort can or should be made to cram a student on a particular subject, and very frequently it is comfort rather than actual tutoring that the student needs most.

While the Phi Beta Kappa Bureau can be of immediate service in preparation for the hour exams, its aid need not terminate there. It has planned to work in co-operation with the Student Advisory system, which is functioning this year more efficiently than ever before, in reaching throughout the year students who fight for a high C from Hour to Hour.