TILTON CLASH INITIAL GAME FOR 1928 QUINTET

Coach Drohan Starts Strong Offensive Combination Today--Guard Positions Chief Weakness of Freshman Team

The 1928 basketball quintet will open its season this afternoon against Tilton School at 3 o'clock in the Freshman Athletic Building.

The team has been progressing very rapidly in the past few days under the direction of Coach Drohan, and should be in excellent early season form for the game today. Tilton, however, is expected to offer stern opposition to the first year men. In Captain Woods, right guard, and Simpson, left forward, it possesses two veterans who caused the Freshmen a lot of worry in the game last year which 1927 won after a hard fought contest 15 to 9. Holmander, Tilton's center, has attracted a great deal of attention already this year by his sparkling offensive work.

Slocum's Ankle Is Healed

For the Freshmen, Slocum will be back at right forward after a short lay-off due to a sprained ankle. At center a three cornered contest for the position has developed between MacCurdy, Green and Laue, who has shown great improvement since the resumption of practice after the close of the Christmas recess, and is almost certain to get into the game.

The guard situation is worrying Coach Drohan for he has found it necessary to develop two natural forwards into guards because of the dearth of promising material for the defensive positions. Both Oothout and Meisenbach have been shifted from the offense to the defense and have not yet found themselves in their new positions.