UNIVERSITY RIDERS MAKE LEAGUE DEBUT

Stranahan Replaces Shaw at Number One--Kent and White Complete Trio--Substitutes Likely to See Action

The University polo team will make its debut in the Boston Indoor Polo League tonight at 8 o'clock when it meets the One-hundred Tenth Cavalry team at the Commonwealth Armory. The game will be followed by another league tilt between the Essex and Norfolk teams.

Lack of Practice Handicaps

Captain Kent's men will enter tonight's engagement seriously handicapped by lack of practice during the Christmas recess, but Coach Clark has been putting his squad through hard workouts this week in preparation for the game. He has made one shift in the line-up in an effort to develop a winning combination. F. D. Stranahan '26 will play at number one in the place of Alexander Shaw '28, who played that position in the Yale encounter. H. S. White '28 will play number two and Captain G. E. Kent '25 will play back. Coach Clark intends to put all his substitutes in the game tonight in order to give them experience before the contest with West Point on January 17. Of these men, R. A. Pinkerton '27, who was a member of last year's outdoor team, Alexander Shaw '28, and J. H. C. Pell '26 are most likely to see action tonight.

Cavalry Team Has Won and Lost

The Cavalry team will line up with Private John Walsh at number one, Lieutenant R. A. Mangini number two, and Captain S. P. Thayer playing back. This team has lost one game and won one in the league play this year. The Harvard Instructors defeated them 8 to 4, but the One-hundred First Field Artillery was downed by a 7 to 6 score.