SENIOR-JUNIOR CLASH OPENS CLASS FOOTBALL

WINNING HARVARD-YALE TEAMS TO MEET IN NOVEMBER

In the first game of the season between the recently organized class football teams at Harvard, the Juniors will face the Seniors this afternoon on one of the Soldiers Field gridirons. The game is scheduled to begin at 3.30 o'clock, with R. H. Field '26, Proctor in Smith Hall, acting as referee.

With the added stimulus of a promised game with the championship class team of Yale for the winning class eleven, more interest is being taken in class football at Harvard this year than ever before. Under the guidance of competent coaches, the Crimson undergraduate combinations are receiving more attention than ever before, and at the end of the season it is possible that several of the more promising players will be raised to the University and Second squads.

Numerous substitutions will be made in both lineups today, as the comparatively short time of practice has not enabled the coaches to see the men long enough to make definite choices for positions.

While it has been definitely decided to hold a game with the championship class team of Yale, the date has not been settled. According to Coach Cheek the date will be either November 5 or 12.

The following schedule of games will be played: October 15, Seniors vs. Juniors; October 19, Seniors vs. Sophomores; October 23, Sophomores vs. Juniors; October 26, Seniors vs. Juniors; October 29, Seniors vs. Sophomores; November 2, Juniors vs. Sophomores.

Barbee Joins Juniors

J. N. Barbee '28, member of the University squad a year ago and holder of two letters for basketball and baseball, will make his first appearance of the season in the backfield of the Junior team. Barbee failed to return to Cambridge early for football having just reported about a week ago. He is one of the most promising players on the class squads, and will probably see service on the University or Second squads before the season is over.

The lineups today will be as follows:

Juniors, Dearborn, le : Clapp. Lt: Foster, L.g.: Turney, C.: Cushing, I.g.: Mulford. Rf.: Allen. R.c.: Heatd. Q.b.: Barbee, Ih.b.: Sack, r.h.b.: Taft. F.b.

Seniors Morton, I.e., Lloyd. Lt.: Moody, I.g; Byahe, c.: Cook, r.g: Ennis, r,t: Graves, r.e.: Pruyn. Q.b.: Norton, ih.b.: F. Eaton, rh.b.: S. Eaton, f.b.