WILL HOLD THIRD ORATORICAL TEST

Two Harvard Men Placed Last Year--Total of $5000 in Cash Prizes Is Offered to Winners

On June 23, 1927, the finals of the third National Intercollegiate Oratorical Contest on the Constitution will be in Los Angeles, California, when a total of $5000 in cash prizes will be awarded to seven place-winners. The prizes ranging from $1500 for first place to $350 for seventh place.

This competition is open to any bona fide undergraduate student in any college or university in the United States. Last year it was won by C. T. Murphy, 1L. of Harvard and fourth place went to T. F. Kelley '28 also of the university.

The contest will be bandled throughout from 605 Hibbs Building, Washington, D. C. All communications should be sent to that address. All entries must be received there not later than March 15.

Constitution Is Subject

The orations must be oiginal, must not require more than ten minutes for delivery, and must be on any one of the following subjects: The Constitution, Washington and the Constitution, Hamilton and the Constitution, Jefferson and the Constitution, Marshall and the Constitution, Franklin and the Constitution, Madison and the Constitution, Webster and the Constitution or Lincoln and the Constitution.

The working unit in the contest is the individual college. Each college is to select its own representative, and is to have only one. A series of semi-finals will be held before the national finals, eliminating all but seven men who take part in the finals at Los Angeles, each having the assurance of one of the seven cash prizes.

The National Intercollegiate Oratorical Contests are for the purpose of increasing interest in and respect for the Constitution of the United States. The contests of 1925, the first ones held on a national scale proved so successful that it was decided to continue the movement. The contests are financed and conducted by the Better America Federation of California as a contribution toward better citizenship