SQUASH TEAM WILL PLAY YALE TODAY

C Racquetmen to Take Courts Against Harvard Club--Are Rising Fast in League Race

The first Crimson racquet team, inactive since its match with the Boston Athletic Association two weeks ago when it successfully defended the State title honors, will take the courts again this afternoon in its annual clash with the Yale players. This match will mark an innovation in the Crimson and Blue contests, as heretofore the New Haven quintet has come to Harvard for these engagements.

This will mark the third time that the Elis have played the University. In the two preceding matches the Crimson has scored decisive victories, but the sport was still young in the Blue camp. Playing on their home courts, the Yale racquet men, showing a deckledly improved game, are expected to exhibit a different brand of squash . Coach H. L. Cowles will accompany his charges on the trip.

The University "B" team has drawn a "bye" in the League B race for the title.

Team B Gains in Race

By virtue of its four to one Victory over the Milton Squash Racquets Club last Saturday, the second Crimson team has crept up on the Harvard Club and is ready for a short-range strike at the number two position on the League ranking list. Newton Center is leading the race with 24 victories and only one loss. Although the Crimson is idle this afternoon, setbacks for the other teams may strengthen its position in the battle for the league title.

With victories over the Weston, Newton, Union Boat Clubs in their last three matches, the Freshman court men have shown a marked improvement. Opening the season very feebly, the 1930 racquet wielders were outclassed by their opponents. In their recent clashes, however, the first-year men have shown an improved brand of attack and court tactics. They are climbing rapidly on the league ranking list and now stand in the fifth position. The Union Boat Club still holds its advantage in the last rounds of the race for honors.

Following are the men who will represent the University in the two matches:

Team A: Captain H. N. Rawlins '27 P. M. Lenhart '27, H. B. Jackson '27, J. L. Pool '28, E. D. Pratt '27.

Team C: W. S. Hardie '30, E. M. Shelton '30, W. S. Ware, E. M. M. Warburg '30, D. F. Davis '30.