HOLY CROSS FIVE BATTLES CRIMSON

Freshman Five Faces Schoolboys on Foreign Floor--New Defense Men to be in Action

Back again in its winning stride, the University basketball team makes its seventh start of the season tonight when it faces the invading Holy Cross five in Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock.

The Crimson five made up for its sole defeat at the hands of the Connecticut Aggies during the midyear period by its flashy comeback against Williams last Saturday evening. Led by Leekley, the tall left forward the quintet showed speed and teamwork in defeating the Purple visitors by a score of 54 to 37. Coach Wachter expects a continued improvement in his men now that the strain of the examination period is over.

Lineup is Unchanged

Tonight's lineup is unchanged from the last game. With the exception of the right guard position the various posts are practically secure. Dorn is being pushed by Slocum in the right forward berth. The veteran will start tonight, but Slocum who has shown marked improvement in his last two games will have an opportunity to show his mettle before the game is far advanced.

Slocum Fitted Well

Both Dorn and Slocum work well with the Green-Leekley combination, and additional strength is given the attack by their alternation. Leekley has proved his ability to handle the opposite attacking post. Green, at center, again after his early season injury, permits the return of Barbee to the defense, where he shines brightest.

Coach Wachter's present lineup has shown the best passing and teamwork of the season and should prove to be a powerful organization.

Holy Cross should not give the Crimson much opposition if previous games provide a reliable record. The Purple has lost a hard fought game to Fordham, 33 to 29, the New Yorkers forging ahead in the second half. Yale has defeated Holy Cross by a score of 28 to 15. Reilly at center is the major threat of the Holly Cross five, scoring 12 points in handy fashion against Norwich, his team winning the game by a 43 to 26 count. He is expected to lead the attack against the Crimson defense tonight.