INSIGNIA WITH CROSSED OARS FOR SECOND CREW

GUN CLUB RECEIVES AWARD FOR SUCCESSFUL SEASON

A revision of the rule for awarding the insignia to members of the Second University eight and a plan to try out intercollegiate boxing were decided on by the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports.

An informal boxing tournament during the spring against some suitable opponent, to be selected by the Athletic Director, was authorized.

The Committee approved the recommendation of the Student Council for the revision of the rule as to the award of the insignia to members of the Second University eight, to read as follows: "Those who for two years have taken part as members of the Second University eight in a race with Yale shall be entitled to wear the 'H'; those who for one year have taken part in a race with Yale as members of the Second eight shall be entitled to wear the 'H' with crossed oars."

The Committee voted to accord, without prejudice for the future, the insignia "HGC" to the following members of the Harvard Gun Club for their meritorious performance against Yale: Captain G. P. Day '27, J. R. Bird '29, W. S. Carroll '29, R. H. Dorr '29, Guernsev Curran Jr. '29, S. F. Ayers '27.