INSTITUTE WILL HOLD CONVENTION IN HAWAII

U. S. ORIENT RELATIONS WILL BE DISCUSSED

A conference of the Institute of PanPacific Relations will be held in Honolulu, Hawaii, between July 15 and August 2, this year, it was announced last night. The Chairman of the Institute is President Ray Lyman Wilbur of Stanford University.

In the conference relations in general between the Orient and America will be discussed, and educational relations will be propounded particularly. It is the purpose of the Institute to foster better understanding between the East and the United States, and to better relations between the two continents--Some of the specific questions to be considered by the convention will be the obtaining of visas by and for foreign students wishing to enter the United States, and the regulating of the number of foreigners entering America, to study and to live.

The convention this year will be the second held by the Institute of Pan-Pacific Relations. The first was held in Honolulu in 1925. Countries which were represented then and which will be represented this year will be Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand and the United States. Among others, President Lowell and George G. Wilson, Professor of International Law, will represent Harvard. Other delegates will be Dr. Stephen P. Duggan, Director of the Institute of International Education, several journalists, economists, educators and ministers, and representatives of the National Students' Federation of America.

The convention in Honolulu will be entirely informal. Addresses are to be delivered by many of the delegates, and several informal round-table discussions on current topics, of interest to all parties, will be held. A restricted number from each country represented will make the convention comparatively small in size, and thereby make it possible for men from the various countries to become well acquinted with one another. It is by this means that it is hoped it will be possible to better mutually, relations between the United States and the Orient.