JUNIOR, 1929 TEAMS OPEN CLASS BASEBALL SEASON

1928 Victorious in Final Informal Clash--Two Captains Elected for Series Opener Today

The last informal practice contest before the official opening of the interclass baseball league today was played yesterday afternoon on the class diamond. The Juniors made up for their defeat of Monday by trouncing the Sophomore ball players 10 to 4 in a loosely played six-inning ame.

Eugene Elsenman '27, playing for the class of 1929, and W. J. Buck '23 poled homers to swell their team's totals, Buck getting his clout with two men on base. The Juniors scored a triple play on the losers in the fourth when E. L. Markella '29 fled out to center field. E. R. Todd '29 was nipped off at home plate, while Richard Warren '29 was caught off first base.

The losers' inllies came in the first and second frames, while the Juniors amassed their total by runs scored in the last five innings.

At a meeting of the squads yesterday afternoon, A. W. Slocum '28 was elected captain of the Junior class ball tossers, while E. R. Todd '29 was chosen to lead the Sophomores through the season.

Other contests scheduled for the rest of the week are a game between the all-dormitory first and second teams and one between an all-class combination and the second University nine.