SYMPOSIUM TO REPLACE SPEECH AT P.B.H. DINNER

GEORGE WIGGLESWORTH '74 TO PRESIDE

A discussion of "Religion and Education" by members of three different religious sects will replace the usual feature speech at the annual dinner of the Phillips Brooks House Association which is to be held at the Phillips Brooks House at 6:30 o'clock tonight.

George Wigglesworth '74, member of the Phillips Brooks House Committee will preside over the meeting which will be held after the dinner and at which the reports of the years work will be read.

Following the report B. F. Cogan '23 and R. P. Bullard '24 will entertain the guests with some specialty acts and songs. Anson Stokes Jr. president of the Yale University Christian Association, Charles A. Howard Jr., president of the Philadelphian Society of Princeton University and W. G. Saltenstall '28, president of the Phillips Brooks Association for 1927-28, will then give brief talks.

The meeting will close, with a symposium on 'Religion and Education" in which a Catholic priest, a Jewist rabbi, and a Congregational minister will all speak. Men representing all these religious denominations have spoken before in the Phillips Brooks House at different times but never has a symposium been held in which all of these denominations have joined in discussing the same subject.

The speakers will be: Reverend A. F. Hickey, Pastor of the St. Paul's Catholic Church, Cambridge, the Reverend Harry Levi, Rabbi of Temple Israel, Boston, and the Reverend Raymond Calkins '90, Pastor of the First Congregaional Church, Cambridge. The dinner will be informal.