THE AYE'S HAVE IT AT THE WILBUR

"Yes, Yes, Yvette" Succeeds "No, No, Nanette", as Another Typical and Musical Comedy.

By V. O. J.

If there is nothing new in this world then there certainly is no reason to suppose that there is anything new in musical comedy. But originality, per se, is not necessarily a good thing. And "Yes, Yes, Yvette", the musical comedy at the Wilbur proves both these platitudinous contentions.

As the title suggests, this little piece is the sister of "No, No, Nanette", which finally passed on to New York a year ago after everyone at Harvard had seen it at least once. The younger sister bears a close resemblance to the older one, and were it not for a few minor differences and the obvious time element, the two girls might almost be called twins.

The affirmative sister is funnier than the negative one: and she is also less musically inclined. Both girls are equally lacking in any brains if the plot of a play corresponds to a girl's mental equipment.

In case you are interested in such things, the leading players are Messrs Donald Brian, Herbert Corthell, and Miss Jeanette MacDonald. We've never heard of them, and can't help wondering why.