REGULARS WIN SECOND NINE INNING CONTEST

6-5 SCORE DOESN'T SHOW MARGIN OF FIRST TEAM SUPERIORITY

The first University baseball nine scored another, victory over Team B in the second nine inning contest of the season yesterday afternoon by a 6 to 5 score.

Molloy allowed but one hit and struck out eight men in the five innings he was on the mound for team A, while his successor Owens, who finished the game, allowed two hits, but issued seven walks,

Compared with the three hits for which the seconds were able to nick Molloy and Owens the ten clouts garnered from the combined offerings of Clifford and Colpack gave the winners a larger batting margin than the close score would indicate.

Lord, Zarakov, and Donaghy collected two hits each, the last two men each poling out a double.

Coach Mitchell used many substitutes, 28 men seeing service during the course of the game. The only radical change in the first team starting lineup however, was the promotion of Donaghy to replace Sullivan at short stop.

The fielding was sloppier than usual, three errors being chalked up against each team, and with ten bases-on-balls, most of the tallies were unearned.

Team B, with two runs in the second frame, was on the heavy end of the scoring column until the last half of the fifth, when the first nine brought its total up to four, later to increase it to six by runs in the sixth and eighth innings. Three second team players crossed the plate in the last three innings.

The lineups follow:

Team A--Burns Crotty, c.f.; Jones, r.f.; Zarakov, 3b.; Lord, l.f.; Tobin, 1b.; Ullman, 2b.; Donaghy, s.s.; Duchin, Chauncey, c.; Molloy, Owens, p.

Team B--Morabito, Ellison, r.f.; Chase, Elkins, 2b.; Howard, Miyakawa, s.s; Newell, 1b.; Durkee, Brown, 1.f.; Whitney, 3b.; Light, Bennett, c.f.; Steptoe, Donaldson, c.; Clifford, Colpack, p.