THREE SWORDSMEN TO GO TO INTERCOLLEGIATES

Harvard Entrants to Compete in New York Tourney April 14 and 15--First Round Already Decided

The Intercollegiate Fencing Association of New England will hold its annual tournament on April 14 and 15, in New York it was announced last night. Representatives from 13 New England colleges will compete for honors in foils and epee.

In the elimination first-round tournament held on March 18 and 19, the Harvard foils team did not qualify, but R. P. Outerbridge '28, did quality in foils for single honors. In epee, Harvard defeated Yale 4 to 0, and tied Columbia and M. I. T. 2 to 2. Thus, in this division, Harvard ranked first as a team. In the individual bouts Outerbridge qualified by winning five out of six bouts, and J. F. Davidson '27, after a fence-off, in which five were tied for second place, won the fence-off and qualified in second place.

Harvard has won this year from Boston University, Bowdoin, and Syracuse, and has been defeated by West Point, Yale twice, University of Pennsylvania, J. S. Saltus Club Columbia, and M. I. T. Past meets point that in the foils Harvard is not very strong, but it is expected that in the epee, the Harvard fencers should do well in the tournament.

Those who will represent Harvard in the Fencing Intercollegiates next week will be Captain R. P. Outerbridge '28, J. F. Davidson '27, and Robert Ford '27.