Distinguished Men Will Bear Professor Coolidge to Grave

Library Closes, Classes Stop, While Ceremony Takes Place--Bishop Lawrence to Preside

Twelve o'clock classes will be suspended while the funeral service for Professor A. C. Coolidge '87 is being held in Appleton Chapel at noon today, it was announced yesterday by C. H. Moore '89, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences:

A simple service will be conducted by Bishop William Lawrence '71, Dean W. L. Sperry of the Theological School, and the Reverend John Carroll Perkins of King's Chapel in Boston. Dr. A. T. Davison '06 will be in charge of the musical part of the service.

After a short organ prelude, Dean Sperry will read the opening sentences, which will be followed by Readings from the Scriptures by the Reverend Mr. Perkins.

Preceded by a hymn, Bishop Lawrence will offer prayer, and after an-other hymn, Dean Sperry will give the Benediction. Dean Sperry will also conduct the Committal Service in the Chapel at MT. Auburn Cemetery.

Those selected to act as honorary pallbearers are President Lowell, J. F. Moors, member of the corporation of the University, C. R. Crane, who was a member of the special diplomatic commission to Russia in 1917; G. P. Gardner '77 and T. J. Coolidge '15, relatives of Professor Coolidge; C. H. Haskins, Gurney Professor of History and Political Science, Professor E. F. Gay and Professor R. B. Merriman '96, who will represent the Department of History. W. R. Castle Jr. '00, of the Department of State, W. C. Lane '81, Librarian, J. D. Greene '96, Professor J. B. Munn '12 of New York University and E. H. Wells '97 of New York City. Thomas Barbour '06, representing the Peabody Museum, Dr. Frederick Winslow '94, Professor Coolidge's physician, and H. F. Armstrong, managing editor of "Foreign Affairs," complete the list of bearers.

The doors of the Library will be closed and service in the Library will be suspended from 11.30 until 12.30 o'clock or until after the funeral of Professor Coolidge. Men who are using the reading rooms and the stacks may remain at their work, but the delivery desk and some of the special libraries will be closed.

If anyone has occasion to leave the Library in the interval, he may do so by the door on Massachusetts Avenue.

This will be the only exit left open for Widener patrons during the hour devoted to the Coolidge funeral service. It is suggested that students attend to their book requirements early in the day in order to minimize noon-day activity.