ALLSTON BURR TO HEAD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION BOARD DURING 1928-29

ROBINSON AND HECKSCHER ARE ELECTED VICE-PRESIDENTS

Allston Burr '89 was elected president of the Harvard Alumni Association for the coming year at a meeting of the directors of the association held at the Harvard Club of Boston, according to an announcement given out yesterday.

Mr. Burr has been prominent in affairs relating to the college as well as interested in various organizations doing charitable and social work in Boston. Recently he was active as chairman of the Committee on the Harvard War Memorial. This committee was in charge of the raising of the fund for the Harvard Memorial Church.

As an enthusiast in philanthropic work in Boston he has been chairman of the Boston Metropolitan Chapter of the Red Cross. He was also actively interested in the work of the Children's Mission, the Boston Floating Hospital, the Boston Provident Association, and numerous other organizations of the same character having to do with social service work.

The new president of the Association is a member of the firm of Coffin and Burr, dealers in investment securities. He is a director of several corporations as well.

Dwight P. Robinson '90 of New York, N. Y., and Stevens Heckscher '96 of Philadelphia, Penn., were elected vice-presidents of the Alumni Association.

The new members elected on the Committee to Nominate Overseers, Directors and members of the Harvard Fund Council were, Edgar H. Wells '97 of New York City, and George R. Agassiz '84 of Boston and George Whitney '07 of New York City.

The members of that committee are as follows: Walter S. Gifford '05 of New York City, chairman, George R. Agassiz '84 of Boston, Edgar H. Wells '97 of New York City, Joseph L. Valentine '98 of Chicago, Ill., Edward P. Daviss '99 of St. Paul, Minn., Henry S. Dennison '99 of Framingham, Waddill Catchings '01 of New York City, George Whitney '07 of New York City, and Charles A. Coolidge, Jr. '17 of Bosotn.