CALLS FOR STUDENT SPEAKERS INCREASE

Undergraduates and Graduates Talk on Many Topics--All Nationalities Represented

Thirty calls for student speakers from Harvard have been received so far this term by the Speakers' Bureau of the Phillips Brooks House. It was announced last night by E. D. Emigh '30, chairman. Of this number 25 have been filled to date, an equal number of undergraduates and graduates having given short speeches before organizations of varying descriptions.

Increase in Demand Shown

The number of requests received so far this year for speakers shows a considerable increase over figures for previous years. The demand for student lecturers comes from an expanding only church societies, but football squads, fencing teams, athletic banquets, and boys clubs. The subjects treated range from political considerations to the parrying and thrusting of the fencer, from the conditions in Delhi, India, to why a man should be athlete.

Organizations asking for speakers have not confined themselves to requests for American born students. Several demands for foreigners have been received and filled. Among the men who have participated in the work of the Committee are J. K. Fairbank '29. G. R. Fitzpatrick sTS. G. H. Kahn Gr.ES, C. W. Lowrie 3TS, C. H. Pforzheimer '28. H. W. Remick '30, and A. W. Samborski '25.