THE LAW

Almost tiresome has become the news of a new citation for excellence on the part of some member of the Harvard Law School. After a year's experience of almost weekly appointments to Committees and presentation of medals one wonders whether all the good lawyers in the country daily tread the corridors of Langdell Hall. But if the medals have to be given to somebody it is pleasant to know that Harvard is so often selected to share in the honor, and there is far deeper satisfaction in knowing that the members of the Law School faculty are taking such a large share in the work of making America safer for Democracy. For after all Democracy in a very real sense rests upon a proper interpretation and codification of its laws, and constant effort is necessary to keep the legal house in order.

Professor Williston's work on the Committee for uniform legislation among the several states has been found worthy of the highest praise of the American Bar Association. That his time has been spent in a worthy cause no one who has had the simplest interstate experience with its majesty the law can deny. That he has performed it with such signal distinction cannot fail to be a satisfaction to the University which he has served so long.