THE TIGER SWELLS HIS CHEST

Princeton has a new claim to distinction. Recently the Alumni Weekly discovered that the graduates of the New Jersey university have spent more years in the White House than those of any other institution in the country. The race for this honor was close, with the Tiger's victory depending upon a half year's margin over Harvard. But a win obviously is a win, and the prize goes to Princeton.

This is the stuff from which traditions are made, and with news stories in the country's leading papers, Princeton is making the most of it. The effect of such a tradition may become momentous. Yale long "Mother of Men", is hopelessly outclassed as Princeton takes among the colleges of the country the title held by the Commonwealth of Ohio among the states, "The Mother of Presidents".

If this idea takes its proper grip upon the nation's populace the Tiger will have a big jump on all its competitors. As the crop of Woodrow Wilson Joneses matures this year and begins to consider which college to favor and why, the result is sure to be fore-ordained. Started off in life with such an advantage in name, all that remains is a Princeton education to insure two terms in the White House.