A PRACTICAL CONVENIENCE

From Princeton comes the news that as a result of a request made by the Undergraduate Library Committee arrangements have been made so that reserved books may be returned between midnight and eight o'clock in the morning. For this purpose a slot has been installed in the main door of the library.

At a time like this when the facilities of Widener are taxed to the utmost such a provision for the return of books taken out over night would be highly desirable. This system has been operative at the Freshman Library for a number of years and has proved a great convenience for those who take books out after nine o'clock. During the reading period many people study until the small hours of the morning, and a natural reluctance to get up early the next day accounts for the presence of many names on the black-list. If this expediency were employed at Widener, and it would entail slight effort on the part of the library, the borrowing of books for over-night use would be deprived of one of its most annoying mechanical features.