GOT A DATE?

To say that the House Plan has changed Harvard physically is to utter a platitude. It takes almost equally as little insight to see how, for the sake of the House Plan, names, room prices, customs, and minor individual rights have been altered or swept aside. Instead of going to a professor's home one now visits at the 'master's lodgings;" instead of walking up the classic steps of Widener one reaches another library via a gilded lobby with a coloured ceiling.

There is nothing wrong with many of the minor changes; most of them are humorous, others are annoying. The rule which prohibits parking in the triangle bounded by Kirkland House, Winthrop House, and what used to be called the Freshman Athletic Building is hardly expedient. Amusing but aggravating is the rule which prevents any member of Leverett House from leaving high table until all is over unless he has a college appointment. At the first of these festivities last night one member of the house wanted to leave early. He arose after the salad course. At the door he was asked whether he had a college appointment or a "date" with a lady. He had the latter. So he was sent back to his seat.