UNIVERSITY ORCHESTRA WILL HOLD TWO TRIALS STARTING NEXT WEEK

FIRST CONCERT WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20

Commencing its 124th year, the Harvard University Orchestra has announced two trials open to all members of the University on next Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30 o'clock in the Music Building. The orchestra, which includes every instrument used in symphonic orchestration, consists of 30 to 35 men, and in conducted by G. Wallace Woodworth '24, tutor and instructor in the division of music, assistant conductor of the Harvard Glee Club, and conductor of the Radcliffe Choral Society. Malcolm Holmes 4G is the assistant conductor of the orchestra.

The first concert of the season for string orchestra only will be held at the Cantabrigia Club on Friday, November 20. The next will be a joint concert with the Bradford Glee Club at Bradford on Tuesday. February 23, followed the next week by one given in the Boston Public Library on Sunday, February 28. There will also be two concerts in the spring in Paine Hall, one of which will be for string orchestra alone and the other for the full orchestra.

Any of the men in the orchestra, who play for one year consecutively, are eligible for election to the Pierian Sodality of 1808, which runs and manages the University Orchestra.

The officers for this year are: R. U. Jameson '32 president, H. K. Elheny '33 vice-president, R. F. Olson '32 manager and treasurer, M. R. Rogers '33 librarian, Austin Ivory '34 secretary.