DRAMA SCHOOL OFFERS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR YEAR

WALTER PRICHARD EATON '00 TO CONDUCT COURSE

Announcement has been made by the Cambridge School of the Drama that a number of scholarships in the School will be available for students in Harvard University. These scholarships are for the full amount in one or more courses and may be granted to properly enrolled undergraduate or graduate students in the University.

The Board of Governors has taken this step on account of the trying period through which the country at large is now passing. Since the Drama School is under no circumstances calculated to be self-supporting, the measure is in line with its established policy. Not wishing to lose any students because of financial difficulties, the School is anxious to impose no burden beyond that normally required for regular college expenses.

Students wishing to take advantage of this offer should file applications at the office of the School in the Rogers Building, near Memorial Hall. In view of the fact that classes begin next Tuesday, October 13, it is urged that applications be made as soon as possible. The courses in the School for which the scholarships may be used were recently announced as follows; elementary and advanced playwriting, play production, stage craft and lighting, stage design, and the modern theatre and dramatic criticism. The last named course is being given by Walter Prichard Eaton '00, literary critic for the New York Herald Tribune.