BASEBALL NINE MAY FIND ITSELF TODAY AGAINST WILDCATS

Mitchell Selects Twirler Who Struck Out Eight Colby Men--Crimson Must Improve Fielding to Win

A long, vigorous practice session on the diamond yesterday was Coach Fred Mitchell's prescription for the faltering Harvard baseball nine which meets New Hampshire University today at 4 o'clock. In view of the Crimson's 9-7 defeat by Colby on Tuesday, the Granite State aggregation must be considered a valid threat.

MacHale, who toiled the distance on Tuesday, is a probable starter on the mound today with Page as an alternate. Either Dunlap or Stafford will twirl for the visitors.

New Hampshire Constituents

The team which Coach Swasey of New Hampshire will put on the field is made up for the most part of Sophomores and juniors, pitcher Dunlap and outfielder Lane being the only ones to graduate this year. Notwithstanding, the New Hampshire men have chalked up several victories, including a 2-0 win over Colby, recent Harvard nemesis.

Rex, Harvard right fielder, has climbed a notch in the batting order probably by reason of his timely single in the eighth stanza of the Colby game when two men scored. Coach Mitchell, however, is undecided as to whether any other changes are in order.