FIELD ADDRESSES FINAL LIBERAL CLUB MEETING

CLUB SPONSORED LONG LIST OF SPEAKERS THIS YEAR

This evening at 8 o'clock in Emerson F the Harvard Liberal Club will hold its final meeting of the year, when F. V. Field '27 will speak on the subject "Processes of Imperialism--United States and China." Field, who is a former president of the CRIMSON, is at present connected with the Institute of Pacific Relations, and is also an author and scholar of considerable renown.

After leaving college Field decided to give up a business career in order to devote his life to study and research, making international problems an especial branch of investigation. The meeting this evening, which is open to all students in the University, will be preceded by a small dinner at the Union in honor of Field for a few members of the club.

List of Speakers

The last meeting of this year of the Liberal Club brings to an end a season in which the club has sponsored a large list of prominent men who have travelled to Cambridge to address the members and other students in the University. Among the men who have addressed the club this year are Roger Baldwin, New York lawyer, Harry Elmer Barnes, modern educator and liberalist, and Clarence Darrow, famous Chicago criminal lawyer. In addition the Liberal Club officers succeeded in bringing to Harvard Dr. Stephen H. Duggan, college professor and diplomatic authority, and Alexander Meikiejohn, educator and present leader of the Experimental College at the University of Wisconsin.