Grimm II

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note-The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

Well I don't see where your staff of intelligent editors have any liscense to knock an organization of the American Legion's worthy cause. Answer me through the columns of the press. How many of you cake eaters have ever shouldered a rifle or ever will be of any benefit to the government? The only education that the colleges give a man today after he goes out into the world to make a living is a fair knowledge of jerking sodas at the large sum of $12 per week providing he be an exceptional good mechanic. If you bunch of ------s had any guts about you, face this organization in a face to face debate. How do you relish those apples? However says that what this great land of the free (Airbustors) need is a good joke. Harvard and the majority of the many institutions could be no better place to go for a selection as they all eater to some of the best jokes that wear pauts. Come on now if you have any guts and give us a reply you bunch of tin wash boards. See you in the common. A Legion Booster.   Hyde Park, Mass.

(Ed. Note: The gentleman from Hyde Park apparently refers to an editorial entitled "1945," which appeared in this column on October 26. Due to the severe restrictions imposed by a penny post card, the correspondent was unfortunately prevented from explaining his position more fully. But, in those times, "12 per week" for a "tin washboard"?)