SPORTS COMMITTEE REMOVES BAN ON 150-POUND TEAM

Contest With Yale 150-Pounders Will Be Sole Outside Clash--Myerson To Coach Lightweights

In response to a general demand by members of last year's 150-pound football squad for a continuance of the sport this season, the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports yesterday announced that it had just removed the ban which had been placed on that activity last spring.

Practice will start on Monday, October 24, in preparation for a single game with the Yale 150-pound team on Friday, November 11. Henry Myerson '32, for two years right guard on the University team, will act as head coach, and will be assisted by L. W. Fowles, a Graduate School man now coaching house football.

Overlaps House Schedule Slightly

Since the House football season closes with a game against the winning Yale Class team on Friday, November 4, the 150-pound season will not lap over the House games more than a week and a half. The chief reasons for the discontinuance of the 150-pound team last spring were that it might harm the turnout for house football and that there were not enough teams of its own weight and calibre for it to play in this vicinity.

Personnel of Committee

The Committee passing the new measure is composed of W. J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, Chairman; Faculty members: A. C. Hanford, dean of Harvard College, Henry Pennypacker '88, chairman of the Committee on Admissions, and Dr. Alfred Worcester '78, head of the Hygiene department; graduate members: George Whitney '07, William Edmunds '00, and C. P. Curtis Jr. '13; undergraduate members: Robert Saltonstall '33, hockey captain, R. H. Hallowell '33, crew and football letterman, and Hamilton Young '33, football manager.