MEDICAL SCHOOL WILL CELEBRATE 150TH YEAR

CONANT TO MAKE SHORT SPEECH AT CEREMONY

Marking its 150th year of existence, the Harvard Medical School has prepared a full anniversary program for Friday and Saturday of this week.

Most picturesque of the events will be the procession of students and alumni through the College Yard at 10.30 o'clock on Saturday. The undergraduate classes will fall in in inverted order at Harvard Hall to lead the march to Sanders Theatre, where the exercises of the morning will take place.

As closely as possible the program on Saturday will follow the original induction ceremony, which took place on October 7, 1783. After the opening prayer, the present holders of the two oldest chairs in the Medical School, Dr. Henry A. Christian, Hersey Professor of the Theory and practice of Physics, and Dr. John L. Bremer '96, Hersey Professor of Anatomy, will read the inaugural addresses of Dr. Warren and Dr. Waterhouse as they themselves did at the original exercises.

After this President Conant will make a short speech, and then his predecessor, former President Lowell, will deliver the principal address. Again reverting to 1783, the meeting will close with the psalms and hymns sung by the two professors at their inauguration.

For the 4000 alumni already invited, a program of inspection has been planned for Friday. Staffs of the three hospitals associated with the Medical School will conduct the former students through their plants. In the afternoon various members of the faculty will lecture on the work being done. The final event of the day, the 150th anniversary dinner, will be served at 7 o'clock in Vanderbilt Hall on Longwood Ave., Boston.

When Drs. Warren and Waterhouse began their medical teaching, the Medical School was located in Holden Chapel, where it remained until 1810. It then moved into Boston, where in 1816 its first buildings were erected at Boylston and Exeter Streets, the site of Boston University today. In 1906 the present buildings on Longwood Avenue were first occupied. One hundred and thirty professors now lecture in place of the original two.