CARR PRIMING BOOTERS FOR PRINCETON CLASH

Forward Line Being Drilled Following Weaknesses in Dartmouth Game; New Halfbacks Working Well

Priming his soccer squad for the Tiger contest Saturday at Princeton, Coach John F. Carr, Jr. '28 will put the Varsity team through a series of light practice sessions this week. A game with a graduate outfit is scheduled for Thursday, and the following night the Varsity leaves for Nassau.

The Orange and Black have an average team in the field this season, and Carr hopes to avoid repeating the deadlock of last year. In 1932 the Crimson tied three games in a row, and the flux was still, working last Friday when Harvard tied the Big Green 1-1.

Inability to capitalize the openings presented to the forwards was the Crimson's weak point in the tussle with the Indians. Plenty of opportunities for shots at the net passed by when the ball was not quickly passed in by the outsides, Richard S. Baxter '34 and Leon H. Manheimer '36.

In contrast to the showing of the forward line, which includes three veterans, the halfbacks, all new men on the Varsity, are proving excellent. Frank W. Vincent, Jr. '36 and John Dorman '36 are extremely self-possessed and agile in their handling of the ball.

Richard M. Gummere, Jr. '34 and Captain William Wemple '34 are dependable in their fullback positions.