BUSINESS SCHOOL MEN WILL COMPILE EPORTS

REPORTS TO COUNT AS ACADEMIC WORK TOWARD DEGREE

Business School students unable to find jobs during the summer will be required to report upon the economic and social conditions in the locality where their vacation is spent, according to an announcement made yesterday. The reports must be submitted to Morgan Hall before September 20, 1933 and will form part of the student's record.

Students living in large cities will be forced to narrow the scope of their study to selected topics, but the intention is that the report should include a description of the area covered, its location, climate, population, racial composition, and social stratification. The student will discuss the relative importance of its various economic activities, the transportation facilities, and such other factors as will provide an adequate picture of the community in its current setting and its relation to the rest of the country.

Staistical information and indices of the effects of the depression will be included in the report. For purposes of analysis, students will treat separately manufacturing, industries, commerce, retail trade, mining, agriculture, forestry, public utilities and finance. The local tax-burden and financial position and policies of the local government, the general psychology of the community, and any evidences of social unrest, will also be considered. Analysis of depression measures will be undertaken.