BUSINESS SCHOOL WILL START EXTRA SESSION

TWO NEW COURSES OFFERED THIS HALF YEAR

Fifty six students have registered in the second session of the emergency session of the Graduate School of Business Administration, which started Monday and will continue until August 15, according to figures released yesterday. At the same time it was announced that two new courses would be given in the second half-year.

The idea of having an emergency business school session which should continue during the summer months was suggested last winter by Walter S. Gifford '04, Jesse I. Straus '93, and George Whitney '07, as a special measure to take care of college graduates who were unable to get jobs because of the current business depression. The administration acted on the suggestion, and the first special session was inaugurated last year which lasted from January 30 to August 16. Seventy five students were enrolled in the course.

Students starting Monday and working until August 15 will cover the complete course of study usually given by the Business School to first year men under the regular staff of instructors. Thus they may start on their second years work the following September and complete the whole course in about a year and one half.

The new courses will deal with "Business Economics," and "Economics Balance," both including a study of the moves being taken by the new administration.

The former course to be given by Malcolm P. McNair, Professor of Marketing, Richard S. Meriam, Professor of Business Economics, and Charles I. Gragg, Assistant Professor of Business will deal primarily with the bearing on business of fundamentals of supply and demand, the price level, wages and employment, interest and profits.

The second course, Economic Balance will examine the conditions of steady growth, and some of the principal theories of instability in the economic system. It will also include a consideration of a few of the leading proposals for promoting stability, such as control of investment and credit, and the maintenance of purchasing power.