A Dastardly Eli Plot

THE PRESS

Consternation supreme reigns in Harvard Yard this week upon the startling news that two students who attended the Cambridge Institution of learning last year have discovered the error of their ways and have transferred to Yale. Harvard students met this blow with commendable level-headedness, however, and after meeting several hours behind locked doors, reported to the press that the whole thing is a dastardly Yale plot.

"We think it's a Yale plot," the Cambridge spokesman said. "For years Andover men have comprised the largest contingent in the Freshman class at Yale, but recently the trend has changed so that nearly as many Andover men are going to Harvard as to Yale. These transfers are Andover men, and we have decided that this stunt was all planned out last year by Yale authorities trying to lure Harvard men to Yale and bolster that rapidly declining institution."

This is, indeed, a most clever bit of deduction on the part of the Harvard students. But the transfers have a different story to tell. "I just changed," one of them says, "because I thought I'd enjoy going to college here more than I would have at Harvard." Short, terse, accurate. This statement should be recorded as one of the pithiest single sentences in the history of transferring.

Another reason given for the change was the "Handsome Dan Kidnapping Scandal" of last Winter. The transfer is question found it impossible to tolerate the cruelty to a dumb animal which was exhibited at that childish raid on the defenseless Eli mascot.

If this transferring continues, it may lead to complications. So, hereafter, when you see a player running the wrong way at a football game, remember the chances are he's not making a mistake. He probably knows exactly what he's doing. He may just have decided to change colleges. --The Yale Daily News.