SIX LETTERMEN ARE ON VARSITY SQUASH TEAM

MORE THAN 200 FRESHMEN TAKE UP SQUASH THIS YEAR

Getting off to a rapid start, Harvard's squash team is taking shape for its first matches early in December. With six lettermen back, the respective merits of the ranking players are fairly well known, although the final choices will not be made until just before the first match.

Haskins Leads Veterans

Led by Captain Stanley G. Haskins '35, the returning men are Richard W. Gilder '36, Germain G. Glidden '36, Edward R. Sargent '36, Huntington Thom '35, and J. Burke Wilkinson '35. In addition to these, the team will be bolstered by the following members of last year's Freshman team: Samuel Adams '37, Richard M. Dorson '37, Rolf Kaltenborn '37, and Thomas Sherwin '37.

Developments are not so certain for the Freshman team. The squad has been cut to 20 men however, from whom the team will eventually be chosen. Other Freshmen not on the squad who show particular promise may be raised later in the season.

Increase of Participants

The squash courts are constantly in use this season because of the larger number of students playing squash this year. More than 200 Freshmen have chosen it as their required sport, while the number of upperclassmen availing themselves of the courts also has also increased.