20 APPOINTMENTS TO FACULTY TAKE EFFECT NEXT YEAR

Alexander Barry '34 Named Assistant In Physiology--Mims, McNaughton To Teach Here Next Year

Twenty new appointments, all but two of them to the Department of Science, will take effect September 1st for the ensuing year. The largest group of appointees to one division is the four men who will become associated with the Zoology Department. Three will join the Geology faculty.

Following is the list of the new members of the faculty and their appointments: Alan McNaughton, instructor in Greek and Latin and tutor in the Division of Ancient Languages; Edwin Mims, Jr., instructor in Government and tutor in the Division of History, Government, and Economics; Hubert Maxwell James, instructor in Physics; Benjamin Adsit Whisler, assistant in Sanitary Engineering;

Herman Royden Sweet, Austin teaching fellow in Botany; Llewellyn Thomas Evans, Austin teaching fellow in Zoology; Robert Emerson Todd, Jr., Austin teaching fellow in Zoology; Harold Hooker Lane, assistant in Astronomy; Sidney McCuskey, assistant in Astronomy; Newton Earle Chute, assistant in Geology; Charles Harry Burgess '31, assistant in Geology;

Jarvis Bardwell Hadley, assistant in Geology; Fred B. Phleger, Jr., assistant in Paleontology; Albert Lorenzo Delisle, assistant in Botany Harold Hill Smith, assistant in Botany Alexander Barry '34, assistant in Physiology; William Gordon Hamilton, assistant in Zoology; Lewis Herman Kleinholz, assistant in Zoology; Wendell Hinkle Furry, instructor in Physics and tutor in the Division of Physical Sciences; and Harry Hepburn Hall, instructor in Physics and tutor in the Division of Physical Sciences.