SPRING PIGSKIN DRILL TO BEGIN ON MARCH 18

WILL NOT MAKE DRASTIC CHANGES IN COACHING STAFF

Harvard will not increase the length of the spring football practice session this year, it was revealed by the announcement yesterday that the Crimson gridders will open a four-week program of daily workouts on March 18.

The series will be interrupted on March 28 by the Easter recess but will be resumed on April 8 and continued for three weeks. Since Soldiers Field will not be available for outside work during March, the early sessions will be held in the Briggs Cage.

An unconfirmed report yesterday had it that the new Crimson coach, Dick Harlow plans no drastic shakeup in the coaching staff next fall. This rumor, which was given some credence in athletic circles, was to the effect that only Myles Lane, Varsity backfield coach and Cliff Gallagher, Freshman mentor, will not return to their present posts next fall.

Jimmy Knox, Junior Varsity coach, who was slated for an intramural coaching job, will retain his position it was understood, and will be assisted by Herman Gundlach, Jr. '35, captain of the Varsity eleven last fall.

Adam Walsh, Varsity line coach, and Wesley Fesler, Varsity end coach, will be assistants to Harlow, according to the report yesterday.

The rumor also confirmed the choice of Eddie Casey resigned Varsity head coach as the new Freshman coach next fall. It is also expected that another member of the 1934 Varsity squad will be appointed in a subordinate position.

Harlow has made no definite announcement of his assistants and stated on his visit here a week ago that he will not decide until next week.