BAND COLLECTION

The Harvard Band will go to Princeton.

Between the halves of the Brown Game, came an announcement over the loud-speakers. Harvard Athletic Association funds were insufficient to send the band to Princeton; the band was a much-appreciated asset in the entertainment of the foot-ball afternoon; it was one of the best college bands in the country; it would be a terrible thing if the Band were missing at Palmer Stadium.

Would all those in the Harvard stands who felt the same way please respond to a collection which would be taken forthwith?

The Harvard stands, composed of not more than six thousand people, would so respond, to the extent of $900. Anyone who before has doubted the popularity of the band now has a practical proof of appreciation.

No-one could begrudge the band this trip, especially considering that its members, in spite of all the entertainment they afford, and all the spirit they arouse, each must contribute $10 dues, and must pay for their own costumes, even unto the last cleaning and pressing of the flannel trousers thereof.

Still, may the Harvard Athletic Association in future years make enough money itself to deal with band traveling expenses! But that is on the knees of the gods, another egg in the nest of Recovery.