WE ACCEPT WITH PLEASURE

Dean Hanford's announcement that the House eating privileges will be offered to the Class of '40 throughout this academic year, is pleasant news for Freshmen and upperclassmen alike. The new regulations provide that they may eat one meal a week in any of the seven Houses without any charge beyond the regular Union Dining Hall fee.

Whether the new men take advantage of the opportunity is up to them and their prospective hosts. The cuisine of Adams House may be a welcome weekly relief to the roast beef au joos of the Union, and the Winthrop House waitresses may lend a zest to the Freshman's appetite that has been desperately absent since he came under the wings of Mother Murray and her Brood.

Unquestionably the recent ruling will go a long way to combat the traditional amaze in which the first year man finds himself when faced with the problem of choosing a House. Leverett, Lowell, Kirkland, Winthrop, Dunster, Adams, Eliot--each has an appeal of its own and it is fit that each should have a chance to put its best foot forward while entertaining Freshmen guests. The move means an even greater complication in the labyrinthine account-system of Lehman Hall and the University has shown highly commendable goodwill in making the sacrifice for the benefit of Man and House.