CRIMSON SKI ARTISTS JOURNEY TO DARTMOUTH FOR WINTER CARNIVAL

TEAM WILL ENTER DOWNHILL AND SLALOM RACES AT WOODSTOCK

Faced with stiff competition from eleven colleges, the Crimson skiing aces will show their speed and ability at the annual Dartmouth Winter Carnival this weekend.

Captain Carter has chosen seven men to take with him. Freddy Bigelow and Charlie Rogers are going as downhill and slalom men, Dunbar Carpenter is going into the downhill, Dave Emerson will enter the slalom, while Peter Brooks, Sidney Cobb, and Emerson will jump.

Carter and Bob Shaw intend to enter all events. As each college is only allowed five men in an event, there is considerable juggling to get the best combination.

The Dartmouth Carnival is the biggest College Ski event in the East. A team from the State of Washington is expected, McGill is sending some men, and the Cantabrigians will find the usual stiff competition from Dartmouth, New Hampshire, who is the defending champion, Williams, and many other colleges.

Downhill and cross country events will be held Friday. In the downhill the new Velvet Rocks Trail in Hanover will be used.

Saturday the slalom and jump will be run off. In this event the 40-meter jump will be used. If the Crimson does well, the potency of their jumpers, who showed up so well last weekend, will be really proved.

Sunday, while all is quiet at Hanover, the Harvard snow artists will journey to Woodstock, Vermont, for downhill and slalom races. This meet, held under the auspices of the Woodstock Ski Runners, is entirely an individual one, so that, although college men may be competing, there will be no college teams entered.