DEBATERS ARE CHOSEN FOR COMING MATCHES

HOLY CROSS NEXT DAY; 9 OTHERS IN LINE

Members of the Debating Council were assigned to teams for debates with Radcliffe, Holy Cross, Yale, Brown, Williams, and Amherst at a meeting in Lowell House Common Room last evening. The assignments were announced by assistant coach Irving Murray in the absence of Edward Rowe, Harvard's Debating Director.

Debaters against Radcliffe on Monday, November 8, will be Phil G. Neal '40 and John A. Moore '38 with Cecil D. Elfenbein '38, as alternate. Harvard will have the affirmative there on the question, "Resolved: That the Neutrality Act should be immediately applied in the Sino-Japanese situation."

In the Holy Cross debate at Worcester on Tuesday, November 9, the members of the team will be Robert Bean '39 and Joseph Healy '38, with Malcombe Wilkey '40 as alternate. The question there is "Resolved: That this House approves the foreign policy of this Administration," and Harvard has the negative.

Elfenbein, Victor Vaughn '40, and F. Welch Peel '39 will represent Harvard against Brown and Yale on November 10 and 11 at Providence and New Haven. The subjects will also concern the problem of America's foreign policy and the Neutrality Act. Alternates will be Neal, Moore, and Lyman Burbank '38.

Also on Tuesday, November 11, a Harvard team composed of Richard Sullivan '38, William Hancock '38, and Lawrence F. Ebb '39 will meet Yale here--probably in a radio debate with the Harvard team speaking in favor of the President's foreign policy.

11 debaters and 8 alternates will be selected at a later date for the Vassar, Vermont, Dartmouth, Norfolk Prison Colony, and Melbourne University debates. These men will be picked from the following members of the Council: Rendigs Fels '39, Donald McDonald '39, Jay Kaufman '38, Lawrence Ebb '39, Paul Cherington '40, Stanley Kapner '40, John Weston '38, Ralph Harris '39, Robert Grubbs '39, Garfield Horn '40, Raymond Harris '40, Stanley W. Hertzfeld '39, Henry Wyner '39, Robert Clemonts '40, Robert Beck '39, H. M. Shooshan '39, George F. Fox '38, Jose DeVaron '38, Howard J. Snyder '39, and Malcolm Wilkey '40.