Kirkland Heads League After 7-0 Win

Kirkland Ends Lead Of Leverett in 7-0 Victory Yesterday

Kirkland House, champions of last year, showed that they have very definite designs on this year's football title when they downed Leverett 7-0 yesterday on Soldiers Field. The Beacons the league lead from the Rabbits by the victory and now claim the imposing record of four victories and one tie out of five game played.

One of the largest crowds of the House season turned out to see the game. The Leverett eleven went into the game on the crest of a four game streak, during which time they had not even been scored upon, and the Rabbits did not succumb without a struggle.

The lone score of the game came in the opening minutes of play when the Kirklanders marched 60 yards down the field. Quarterback Dick Wills plunged over to tally, and fullback McClure made the extra point on an off-tackle glant.

Leverett came right back and proceeded to march 70 yards down to the Deacon two-yard stripe. The march was featured by right end Bob Seaman's spectacular catch of Rick Rabenold's aerial on the five-yard line. Here, however, the Deacons dug in, and the Rabbit thrust ended.

The Rabbits missed two other scoring chances once when the first half ended hostilities and again, in the second half, when Kirkland made another stand.

The line-ups: KIRKLAND  LEVERETT Wood, l.e.  l.e., Hamill Baum, l.t.  l.t., Hausserman Arnold, l.g.  l.g., Day Keene, c.  c., Landry Gray, r.g.  r.g., Kidder Hewitt, r.t.  r.t., Harkness Snyder, r.e.  r.e., Seamans Wills, q.b.  q.b., Rabenold Mayne, h.b.  h.b., Heywood O'Kelley, h.b.  h.b., Daughaday, W. McClure, f.b.  f.b., Spang

Subs: Kirkland: Jones; Leverett: Daughaday, C., Gibby.

Dudley Downs Dunster

The other house bout saw Dudley win its first game of the season and place Dunster in sole possession of the cellar berth in the league. The score was 6-0, the lone touchdown being registered at the close of the first half after Dunster had made several spectacular goal line stands.

The line-ups: DUDLEY  DUNSTER Fisher, l.e.  l.e., Scofield Glickman, l.t.  l.t., Lipsitt Fels, l.g.  l.g., Salk Bergman, c.  c., Goodman Regal, r.g.  r.g., Weatherby Alter, r.t.  r.t., Clapp Shack, r.e.  r.e., Gerrity Mincher, h.b.  h.b., Higgins Black, h.b.  h.b., Strong Lewis, q.b.  q.b., Mulliken Wall, f.b.  f.b., Harwood

Subs: Dudley: Stein, Hearn, Abrahamson, Franklin; Dunster: Nussbaum.

Dudley Downs Dunster