ALL HOUSES MAY COMBINE FOR YALE DANCE IN FALL

Representatives of Committees Met Last Night to Discuss Plan; Indoor Athletic Building Possible Hall

Plans are underfoot for a huge, combined House Dance on the Friday evening before the Yale game next fall, it was learned last night. Representatives of the seven House Committees met at Dunster House then to discuss the proposal.

In order to do away with competition of several Houses for the choice date preceding the Eli clash, the idea developed to have a combined dance sponsored by all the committees, and featuring the biggest "name" band at the time available. In addition, it is expected that extra entertainment will include a floor show and guest stars, to rival one of Billy Rose's extravaganzas.

The sponsors of the scheme hope to arrange for the use of the basketball courts on the top floor of the Indoor Athletic Building to accommodate the 1000 couples they expect. It is expected that the price range for the combined House dance, if held, would be between $3 and $3.50 a couple. Considerably less, sponsors pointed out, than Boston prices for the same night.

Although it has not yet been definitely decided to hold the dance, the representatives of the House Committees who met last night have agreed to bring the matter up before their groups to get their reaction.