FAD FOR BARN DANCE GROWS

"First couple lead to the right and balance." The old familiar cry rings out ones more in Memorial Hall next Saturday night as barn dancing again comes back into its own. Under the auspices of the Harvard Barn Dance Association, the College will experience its first fall barn dance in many a year.

Apparently overlooked in the wave of jazz and swing that has swept the country in recent years, the old Virginia Reel, polka, and Schotish of yesteryear are enjoying a rebirth of popularity, appearing with increasing prominence at parties and among the colleges of the country.

Responding to this enthusiasm, the Harvard Barn Dance Association is sponsoring a series of barn dances in Memorial Hall, throughout the year. Albert Haynes, Henry Ford's square expert, will do the calling for the affairs in addition to instructing novices.

Said Curtis Bush '43, president of the newly-formed organization last night, "Lots of fellows regularly go forty or fifty miles just because they like barn dancing.

"Now they only have to go to Mem. Hall. We encourage this form of entertainment because it's inexpensive and pure. For the unpure, we have a record dance in the next room."