Kirkland, Lowell, Leverett Unbeaten

Winthrop Also Victorious In House Basketball League

Kirkland, Leverett, and Lowell made it two straight in the Indoor Athletic Building yesterday afternoon as they gained lop-sided victories over Eliot, Adams, and Dunster respectively. Winthrop evened the season's slate at one win and one loss, setting back Dudley to the tune of 15 to 5.

Last year's champions, the Deacons of Kirkland, got off to a quick start behind the fast, steady play of their first five. Joe Kamoese got the team started with two one-hand shots, and it wasn't long before Howie Ezell, Tex Moyers, Bob Betts, and Larry Hall were throwing them in from all points on the court. At the half the score stood 20 to 4. With their second, third, and fourth teams playing the second half, the Deacons slowed their pace but still came out ahead 28 to 11.

Bunnies Trip Adams

Leverett had little trouble in giving the Gold Coasters their first setback of the year. Paced by Harvey and last year's all-House star, Al Cameron, the Bunnies ran up 26 points to Adams' 11.

The Bellboys of Lowell hit their stride as they easily handed the Funsters their second defeat of the year, 42 to 6. Thompson of Lowell scored twice as many points as the Dunster team combined and was followed closely by his teammate Sachs with 10 points.

In a rather low-scoring contest the Puritans gained their first victory of the season, setting back Dudley 15 to 5. Rogers, Sacks, and Brown garnered 13 points for Winthrop while LeMoal of the Ramblers was high scorer for his team with 3.